ZenSearch Removal Instructions (Remove Zensearch.com)
ZenSearch is a settings changing browser hijacker that can affect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The moment it infiltrates your computer it modifies your home page and your default search engine without permission. It also installs additional toolbars on all the affected browsers and communicates with the servers behind your back. This application can be downloaded from its official page zensearch.com, however very often it enters computer together with freeware. Even though it does not enter silently, it still manages avoid being noticed. In the following article we will explain how this hijacker works and why we recommend to delete ZenSearch.
How does ZenSearch work?
As we explained above, it is possible to install ZenSearch from its official page and some users choose to do that. Unfortunately, its main method of distribution is a deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. The hijacker enters your PC in a bundle with free of charge software. This application is legal, because its existence is disclosed in ‘End User License Agreement’, however there is a catch. The creators of the intruder know perfectly well that the users usually do not read the Agreement, so they count on your negligence to spread the product. If you your were, like most of the users that found this hijacker inside their computers, mislead, we suggest to remove ZenSearch.
Of course, the slightly suspicious entrance is not the only characteristic that annoys the users. The application is developed to promote sponsored websites and it tends to overwhelm the user with advertisements. Until you perform the ZenSearch removal the ads will probably appear in every new window you open. The majority of the users claim that it is very distracting and that it slows down computer’s performance which is not surprising considering the amount of ads it has to upload in every window. If you are beginning to lose patience, you can get rid of ZenSearch using the instructions provided below this article.
The ads can be dangerous too. Since the hijacker follows your online activities to customize the advertisements, they can seem really interesting at first glance. Unfortunately, we must inform you that the application does not monitor the pages it promotes. It means that you can enter a corrupted page and get you PC infected. Even if you manage to avoid the untrustworthy ads, the possibility that you will find yourself in a unsafe page is still great. This intruder is known to redirect the users to predetermined pages which means that you can accidentally click the link that will route you to completely unrelated website. To protect your computer we advise you to erase ZenSearch.
How to remove ZenSearch?
ZenSearch is a potential problem that you definitely do not want inside your computer. We recommend to terminate ZenSearch as soon as you notice it inside your PC. Follow the guidelines below and remove ZenSearch.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall ZenSearch.
- Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen and select Settings in the Charm bar that appears.
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall ZenSearch.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs and delete ZenSearch.com.
Reset your browsers
- Press Alt+T and go to Settings.
- Find and choose Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset Browser settings (at the bottom of the page) and then click Rest again.
- Press Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Tap Close.
- Press Alt+H and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Hit Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.